Re: [IPk] The time of my pump is running out!

>There were talks about a new Disetronic pump coming out very soon. A pump
>for which you can use the insulin cartrige of a Pen. Does it already exist?

The DTron. It was released in the UK January 2001. A friend of mine in
Norway has one. Don't know about Germany.

>My second question is about the "best before" date of my pump. The time of
>my pump is running out in two weeks time. In the instructions, it says that
>it will put itself to "stop" at that point. Will it still be working

No - it stops working. You return it to the factory, where the internal
clock is reset. Disetronic used to do this with all their European pumps,
but they stopped this last year. You must have an old pump.

>My third question concerns the NHS, as it does so often. The pump I have
>right now is a borrowed one from Disetronic. I got it in late September from
>a German doctor. I haven't seen him since then. He said it was better to
>wait until the new pump is going to come out. So I have just this one pump.
>When the time runs out, which will be in two weeks time, I need a
>replacement immediately. Will the NHS pay for it or Disetronic/NHS supply me
>with  a further pump I can borrow?

This is only a guess, but if your German health insurers have paid for your
pump, the contract will be with Disetronic Germany. So they must provide
you with your "proper" pump. I suggest you telephone Disetronic Germany and
discuss it with them. It's possible they may ask (pay?) Disetronic UK to
supply you with the pump, but I don't know how the different national
offices work together.

I bought my MiniMed pump in Britain 3 years ago from AMT, and then moved to
Germany. When I had a minor problem with the pump last year, AMT asked me
to deal directly with the German office, which was OK.

>I'm still entitled to get my two new pumps.

Does the DTron come as a pair of pumps like the old HTron did? Can anyone
tell me?

mailto:email @ redacted