Re: [IPk] sites and insertion

insulin was crossing the placenta from the baby to the
so the baby was producing enough insulin for the
mother as well, and
carried on over-producing insulin after birth.

Hi John

That certainly makes sense. I can't remember what my
insulin requirements were like just prior to
delivering but do remember that my BMs shot up very
high immediately afterwards. Perhaps the baby was
producing insulin both for himself and me so when that
connection was cut off at birth my requirements shot
Your friend's explanation for the baby's hypoglycaemia
makes me feel a bit less guilty. I always thought that
my slghtly high BMs (i.e. HbA1 6.4 instead of say
5.4) had caused the baby to produce too much insulin
and after birth he carried on producing too much and
subsequently went hypo.
There's so much guilt and self-blame involved in
diabetes isn't there? My work colleagues and friends
think that I am terribly disciplined and dilligent but
I always think that I could do much better. Sometines
the medics' attitudes don't help. They always want my
levels to be just that little bit better but I've
still got a life to lead so it's a matter of trying to
balance everything.
Great fun isn't it?!!.....

Do You Yahoo!?