Re: [IPk] sites and insertion

>Andrew had to
>spend 5 days in Special Care due to distress after
>birth and then hypoglycaemia. It was a pretty worrying
>time but fortunatly everything turned out fine and he
>is a very healthy, intelligent, happy wee boy.

Susan - I have a close friend - Stephanie - who has diabetes and had a baby
a year ago the same time as my wife (they'd met at birth preparation

Stephanie doesn't use a pump, but she is very diligent with her diabetes.
She found in the closing weeks of her pregnancy that her insulin
requirement dropped almost to zero. She secretly harboured hopes of a
miraculous cure - but her requirement went back to normal immediately after
delivery. The baby went into hypoglycaemia, and had to spend the first week
with a glucose infusion, before everything settled down. Stephanie was
advised that insulin was crossing the placenta from the baby to the mother,
so the baby was producing enough insulin for the mother as well, and
carried on over-producing insulin after birth.

Does that sound a reasonable explanation? I've no idea really...

mailto:email @ redacted