[IPk] type 2

OK .fair enough. It's just that there does seem to be so much more publicity
about type2 I suppose becuase it's so much more common that it contributes
proportionately much more to cost so we are perhaps sometimes a bit of a
forgotten minority.I don;t want to play down the fact that it too can erode
health and quality of life, but if it was always diagnosed early, with
adequate education then the potential for problems should ,I'd have thought
been less than someone who got type 1 at say 6 or 7 or 13 years

I hear what you say about pumps and type 2  if the insulin levels become
inadequate despite oral hypo glycaemics and appropriate diet and lifestyle,
then they are even more at a disadvantage than type 1 as regards pumps. most
of them get put on twice daily insulin and aren't even considered for MDI
let alone pumps