[IPk] type 2

I honestly feel that "Balance " comes out with the most patronising blurb

The situation with type 2 infuriates me as well. OK I know it can be an
insidious disease that can smoulder on long before diagnosis and result in
complications by the time of diagnosis
But I don't think"mild" is such a terrible misnomer- or perhaps it should

I certainly consider it less severe than type 1. A young child with a
chronic illness, unable to achieve normoglycaemia even with disabling hypos,
interrupted schooling, frustration of being different , perhaps having
complications by the time they reach young adulthood. Perhaps loosing hypo
awareness and not being allowed to drive or continue in their job, feeling
unwell much of the time. Facing a medical profession who are all too fond of
either blaming the patient or trivialising the condition, or take little
interest when the patient does want to improve health by insulin pump or
other means

Why am I preaching to the converted?