Re: [IPk] Pump article in Balance

>I got a response from him yesterday, and I have to say that it was somewhat
>patronising.  He said that (sic) 'pumps were interesting, however they had
>featured pumps in a recent issue (July/August 99) but they would keep my
>letter on file'.  I am not saying that they should have said "yes" but the
>tone of the letter was ever so condescending.  I had highlighted the recent
>increase in UK pump usage in my letter - but get the feeling from his
>response that it is not of interest..............  Probably I am just a bit
>offended and being palmed off like I am stupid!

Hi Audrey -

Sorry the response has left you feeling a bit empty. I suggested a pump
article to the BDA 2 years ago - offering to write it myself - and they
weren't interested. A month later they rang me up asking if they could
interview me for a pump article they were writing. Hey ho!!!

I remain convinced that a "pumper's diary" is a great idea, and that the
Balance editor may need a month to make it look like it is his idea
(whoops... sorry, I didn't mean to criticise anyone...). I often think a
good idea is proven by your willingness to push it in the face of initial

>Diabetes UK needs to become a bit more positive.

Yes :-)

mailto:email @ redacted