[IPk] Long time pump use and sites

Carrying on from the thread about site deterioration, someone asked me for
info about long time pump users' experience with sites. A pumper who has
been using a pump for something like 20 years is having problems with
absorption (like getting no absorption at all) - she's tried all possible
sites apparently, all types of set, and even various pump models, all to no
avail. She is currently taking a 6 month pump break in the hope that this
will rest the sites a bit. I couldn't think of any alternatives either. I
know there are a few long-term pumpers out there - any experience of this?
Michael - any word of wisdom from the US pumpers on this?