Re: Re [IPk] sites not working

I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens to Di as it has happened to me
quite a lot and I've only had the pump since november!   I do think the
principle of the teflon sets is brilliant but they obviously do not work
for everyone.As usual the guilty diabetic thing I was blaming myself but
at least I can see a reason for it now it just takes time to get the
sites and sets sorted to suit each person's needs

 My new pump arrived on saturday along with some sample infusion sets and
I contacted Disetronic who kindly sent me some more. The bent needle was
the best so far even though it looked barbaric!! I didn't feel it at all
omce in situ . The rapid looks fine too but I wonder if it would fall
out  Although fat has a blood supply it doesn't absorb as well as muscle
and I wondered if the  end of the teflon tube was blocking . I hadn't
thought of stretch marks either as I have plenty of those!! I still have
a box of silhouettes to get through but maybe I'll save them 'til I've
lost all the weight that the pump is meant to help me to lose!!!.carmel

>From: Diana Maynard <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted >Subject: Re: Re
[IPk] sites not working >Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 10:16:31 +0000 > >On Thu,
01 Feb 2001, you wrote: > >Hi Di, > > > >As you are managing one handed
at the moment, I am just wondering whether > >you may have had an
airlock. I have trouble with this from time to time in > >spite of trying
to be careful. > >Hi Barry >I should have mentioned that I did check
this. I do sometimes have problems >with air since my sight isn't very
good, so it's always the first thing I >check when something goes wrong.
SUPPORT Insulin Pumpers http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml