Re: [IPk] letters to BDA

----- Original Message -----
From: John Neale <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Sunday, 27 February, 2000 23:37
Subject: Re: [IPk] letters to BDA

> >Thanks for your letter of 18 February. I am encouraged by
> >what you say, and I await with great interest the opinion of
> >the DCAC in the next few weeks.

I do hope you
> >appreciate how far behind other similar European countries
> >Britain has slipped. There are well over 20,000 people with
> >type 1 diabetes using an insulin pump in Germany. This
> >represents nearly 15% of the type 1 diabetic population. And
> >the number is growing rapidly. The equivalent number in
> >Britain is around 400.  "People with diabetes deserve access to
> >top quality standards of care and treatment".
> >
> >One further matter: I have been in touch privately with a
> >number of trustees of the BDA. It appears that the letters I
> >sent to all the trustees individually care of the BDA on 10
> >February have not yet been forwarded to them. This concerns
> >me greatly. I am sure you can give me your assurance that
> >the letters will be forwarded in an efficient and
> >appropriate manner.

Hi John,
Great - That should get something to happen and open a mind or two.
Forgive my ignorance but what is the DCAC?
Something John Davis said to me regarding one trustee (I think) makes clear
the problem we have getting pumps accepted by those who have no experience
of them.
Hope to be able to let you know of something in my post next week.
Cheers (I'm saving up for the pint),