Re: [IPk] FUNDRAISING

At 25-02-00 10:06 +0000, you wrote:
>WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF FUNDRAISING FOR OUR DAUGHTER AN INSULIN PUMP. SHE
>IS 18YRS OLD AND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH RETINOPATHY LAST NOV.
>HAS ANYONE GOT ANY DIFEERENT(LEGAL) IDEAS FOR FUNDRAISING EVENTS. WE HAVE SO
>FAR RAISED 700 SO WE HAVE ONLY TO RAISE 1,300 TO BUY HER A PUMP.
>ANY IDEAS DONATIONS OF CASH(HAHA) WOULD BE MORE THAN WELCOME
>THANKS
>CAROL DONNER

Hi Carol,
You may already have attempted this but it can (sometimes is) worth getting
an article in a local paper, emphasizing the problems retinopathy  will
cause and the likelihood of neuropathy and nephropathy following, if no
dynamic actions are taken. Present the case for the ability of the pump to
withhold  these and use your daughter's age to increase sympathy. It is not
a nice way to put it but such methods are the only ones likely to get any
effects. Again going on from what John said about your consultant, if he is
willing get him involved as well (he is not causing any damage, because he
would be doing no more than saying the NHS needs more money, which we all
know).
If you have any ideas try them out, even if they are not legal - my own
experience makes it clear that the law is on the side of the miscreant.
There are certain charities that hold money for extreme situations (but
they need to be searched for), which given the age of your daughter and the
diagnosis of retinopathy could be considered.
All I can say is I hope you success.
Jeremy