RE: [IPk] Pasta and Pizza

>Yes you will go low after a huge
>carbohydrate meal  - this is because the amount of carbohydrate is large
>and can only be processed at about 50g at a time by digestion.

Thanks for that, Julette! I had never before heard it described in terms of
discrete "packets" of carbohdrate passing through the digestive tract.

Personally, I avoid pizza, as does my wife, since we both seem to get
"ratty" a few hours later. I offer no explanation. We have just observed
this. So I forego these pleasures of the plate.

>I am
>hoping to study this in more detail in the next few weeks in terms of
>what is best for high fat/high carb meals any volunteers please email me
>direct. As it would prove very useful and there is no major lab evidence
>to prove this except real-life experience. julette:)

I read about 12 months ago that someone somewhere (in Italy I believe) was
preparing a medical paper on the pizza effect. Perhaps it has been
published - I don't know.

mailto:email @ redacted