>We are in the process of fundraising for our daughter an insulin pump. She
>is 18yrs old and was diagnosed with retinopathy last nov.
>Has anyone got any difeerent(legal) ideas for fundraising events. We have so
>far raised 700 so we have only to raise 1,300 to buy her a pump.
>Any ideas donations of cash(haha) would be more than welcome

Hi Carol - good luck with your fund raising. Many have been here before!
Luckily I had some savings tucked away which I raided to buy my pump. (So I
ended up with no car instead - but in the long this hard proved to be an
excellent position, as I now live in a city, have a beautiful bicycle, and
get loads of exercise...)

Do you have a good diabetes consultant at your local hospital? They often
have access to discretionary funds for special purchases - and if asked
nicely, they can be pursuaded that you are a good cause. Typically, people
leave money to hospitals which get put into these special trust funds.

mailto:email @ redacted