Re: [IPk] Re: BDA Trustees

Hi John

Through some of the work I have be doing, not only with the Diabetes NSF
but other projects, and meeting various Healthcare Professionals it is
interesting to note that more and more of them are aware of pumps and the
benefits they can bring.  Pumps seem to be being added to various agendas.

Apart from the BDA applying pressure, I certainly think trying to ensure
that pumps are included in the Diabetes NSF is going to be another step

At 17:33 23/02/00 , you wrote:

>"Our own Diabetes Care Advisory Committee is considering our own position
>on pumps in the next couple of weeks but one of the difficulties of picking
>this up as a a major campaign is the limited use of pumps in Britain. I
>know this is a circular argument but our success over pen needles was based
>on the number of people who were affected. [...] With so few pump users, it
>is unlikely that we could build up enough pressure for the Department of
>Health to consider use of this technology. [...]
>We are aware however that pump therapy is likely to be more widespread and
>we will consider whether we should take it up as an issue with the
>Department of Health."

Diabetes Insight & Support
mailto:email @ redacted
There are No Problems only Solutions