Re: [IPk] Re: BDA Trustees

----- Original Message -----
From: Steven J Sexton <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Wednesday, 23 February, 2000 07:43
Subject: [IPk] Re: BDA Trustees

email @ redacted
> Steven
To follow on from the above, if you do apply, the person who nominates you
plays a more important part than who you are. eg. If you were nominated by
the chairman there is almost no doubt that you would be ellected. It is also
unfortunate but you will have a much better chance of election if your name
is near the beginning of the alphabet, having reviewed elections over the
last five years on average 3 of the first 4 named people have been elected
(only four are ellected). If you were to get your local consultant or DSN to
propose you it can be advantageous, or a current trustee. While there are
four places open for election this year in reality there are only two,
because two of the nominees are virtually guaranteed election. Only about 3%
of BDA members ever bother to vote so there is advantage to be got from
belonging to a group (such as IP-UK) and asking them to promote you to other
diabetics they know. It is also advantageous to have had diabetes a long
These are just guides if anyone does stand, which I promote - the board
needs new influences.