Re: [IPk] New pumper

Hi everybody, I've been on a pump for 4 days so I'm very new to this
concept.  I have four basal rates at the moment but am having trouble
controlling my dawn phenomenon.  I'd like to hear if anybody had a problem
like this when they started the therapy.  I have been diabetic for 49 years
and I am insulin resistant - is there any hope that I can be stabilised by
this method of treatment?? from Iris Flight.

Hi Iris,
Do not worry, Back in the early eighties,at Guys there were two girls who
were both very, very insulin resistant. The pump was the only method of
control that could be offered and soon they were in excellent control, even
though they had to use insulin at a strength of 1000iu/ml. So I suggest
there is a lot hope that you will be stabilised.
By the way watch out John might be going to slap your wrist, re message last
week about html.
All the best for the future,