Re: [IPk] Apologies to Jeremy

----- Original Message -----
From: Diana Maynard <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, 17 February, 2000 10:51
Subject: [IPk] Apologies to Jeremy

> Jeremy
you had quoted
> the whole original message, which cam through in
> html, so all the junk appeared with your message. if
> you don't see the html in other people's messages (I
> do, but most people probably don't, which is why they
> are unaware) then you are completely and utterly
> innocent. But it is still a pain for those of us who
> do! If everyone turns off their html, then of course
> this kind of thing won't be a problem.
> Di
Hi Di,
No apologies needed, having looked at the Tools format again I noticed there
is a line 'reply to messages in format sent', this has been ticked. So I
presume that if it is not ticked replies will (might) be sent in format of
choice, thus you may have taught me a bit more about the system, of course
the computer jargon may mean something completely different.
The system is daft, anyway, if I send a message to Russian friends, who do
not have Unicode they receive the English text perfectly but the cyrillic
comes out as junk.
Thanks anyhow, the only reason my computer has no problems with html is that
it is new, one useful idea, to keep things new is to cause the parts of the
system to breakdown (by whatever means) within a year of purchase and the
retailers are forced to replace them with new ones.
All the best,