Re: [IPk] Re: Air bubbles in the Luer Lock

Hi Estelle

I had a similar problem just recently but didn't realize it until I changed
the infusion set and tubing.

There was a collection of air bubbles in the luer lock, although there was
no indication of any air bubbles in the tubing and my BGs weren't really
any higher than before.

When I filled the cartridge there was only a few tiny tiny air bubbles and
I thought most of that had gone when I primed the infusion set with 20
units - I had noticed the air passing through the tubing.

With the current cartridge there are no signs of air in the luer lock, so I
was assuming that last time it was a one off.

At 17:12 15/02/00 , you wrote:
>Dear All,
>I am after some advice for one of my new users if possible.  We have been
>through everything and i am struggling as to where to go next with this.
>She is a very new user and she gets air bubbles actually in the luer
>lock.  She checks her cartridges throughly before loading and priming, so
>thinks the problem comes at this stage in the process.  She takes her
>insulin out of the fridge well in advance, and when priming, no matter how
>many units she primes, she can't shift this air bubble.
>The worry is that she had quite a high the other morning because obviously
>not enough insulin was getting through, but at the same time the set
>didn't occlude so consequently her confidence is quite badly dented.  She
>loves the pump but this is scaring her a bit I think.
>Has anyone experienced the same and managed to erradicate the problem?  If
>so, we'd love to know what was done,
>I Look forward to hearing from you.
>Kind regards

Diabetes Insight & Support