[IPk] Re: air bubbles

I posted similar problems about air bubbles recently.
You might want to take a look at some of the replies.
If the problem is what I think it is, it's to do with
the dead space in the needle. Because I am partially
sighted, i have problems with this because I can't
see it.
The solution i use which works very well against this
particular problem is this:
when you load the reservoir from the bottle of
insulin, you load a couple of units, then push it
back into the bottle (keeping thebottle inverted).
You can hear (and probably see) a big bubble of air
going back into the bottle. Repeat this process
several times, and there should be no more trapped
air (you can see and hear when no more air is going
back in). At this stage, it is safe to fill the
reservoir properly.
Howeve, the problem with this method (for me) is that
you are putting air into the insulin in the bottle,
which means you're more likely to get the little tiny
air bubbles. But I think for most people this is not
a problem, because you can see them and get rid of

BTW, John - your solution about filling from a
NOvopen kind of worked. The problem is the dead space
in the needle, but also - the cartridge does not
quite hold enough insulin, because you waste a fair
bit - and I did actually get a tiny air bubble in the
bottom of the reservoir even so. But it did work
reasonably well. You win the fantastic prize
all my spare tubing :-)