Re: [IPk] First conference for pump users in October 99 atStratford

>For those of you that attended this conference  for
>Disetronic pump users last October, I wrote a report and
>sent it to Diabetes  Today. It was published last week and I
>am happy to send a copy to anyone who  would like it. The
>editor commented about it saying 'the report may rekindle
>interest in CSII. This technology appeals to many people
>with diabetes and those  involved in diabetes care should
>now re-acquaint themselves with current CSII  technology. Dr
>Kerr and myself have also writtten an article about pump
>therapy  which will be published in the next Journal of
>Diabetes Nursing. We are doing  our bit about making fellow
>professionals aware of pump  therapy.

Joan - congratulations on getting your articles published. I look forward
to reading them. Are either of these journals published on-line I wonder? I
will investigate whether we can display the articles on the Insulin Pumpers
UK website (http://www.insulin-pumpers.org.uk)

I've always felt that to make pump therapy available to the maximum number
of people, we need to promote it at all levels. This means spreading the
word at ground level, through the press, and at conferences etc. And also
by professionals like yourself spreading the word amongst your colleagues -
via articles like this in journals. And finally going to the very top by
getting the Department of Health to fund the things!

Much work still to be done :-)

mailto:email @ redacted