Re: [IPk] Re: air bubbles

> I avoid that by drawing the first couple of units in
> and out of the bottle a few times. You can hear when
> there is no air coming back out. But I guess that
> dissolves more air in the insulin....
It is the "putting back in" that causes the problem. The turbulent
flow from the hi-speed jet of insulin stirs more air into the insulin
causes tiny bubbles to coalesce

> I can usually get most of it to
> >coalesce into one lump with a few sharp flicks.
> That's the bit I can't do! It never goes into a lump
> no matter how hard I flick it!

What do you flick it with??

My daughter uses COLD insulin from the fridge (not ideal), loads her
cartridge and whacks it with a cheap ball point pen to free the
bubbles. She rarely if ever has problems with bubbles.