[IPk] JDF meeting on pump therapy

I got a letter today from JDF(UK)  - the UK branch of the Juvenile Diabetes
Foundation. They raise money for research, and as an organisation are quite
gung-ho about pumps: their US magazine Countdown takes the view that anyone
who is remotely interested in their own diabetes and good health will be on
a pump!

The UK chapter are holding an open meeting at King's College Hospital,
London on Saturday 4 March. I've been to one of their open meetings before,
and it was excellent.

In the morning there will be research presentations:

Prof Stephanie Amiel on "Hypoglycaemia and Tight Control"
Sister Helen Reid on "Pumps and Sensors"
Dr Steve Thomas on "Diabetes and Kidney Disease"

There will then be open discussions, followed by lunch (free!)

And then afternoon workshops on exercise, care of children, feet, new moves
in cause and prevention, sexual dysfunction, and family planning.

The day is sponsored by MediSense.

I went to the previous London meeting last June, and found it very useful
for networking. I raised the issue of pump therapy, and being the only
person there on a pump, I was for a moment the centre of a lot of interest.
If they have invited someone to talk about pumps this time, it would seem
an excellent opportunity to get as many pumpers there as possible, to raise
the profile and spread the word.

Anyone interested? Admission free, but by ticket. Please email Ruth Best
<email @ redacted> or telephone 020 7436 3112. You can read more at

mailto:email @ redacted