[IPk] DKA how soon?

>Maybe I'm different from the normal diabetic but I do not think I would be
>in a DKA(?) coma after 18 hours without insulin. If that is the normal case
>surely nobody would be diagnosed with type1 diabetes without going into a

Have you ever tried it Jeremy? When first diagnosed, you still have
residual insulin production capacity. It's merely fallen below a
sustainable level. A few years after diagnosis, you will certainly produce
no insulin at all. So if you are on soluble insulin alone, you will have
zero insulin in your blood 18 hours after disconnection. So your body
chemistry goes haywire. Some are more sensitive than others to this, but
the acidity of all those ketones will fairly quickly incapacitate most

mailto:email @ redacted