Re: [IPk] BDA Trustees & subjects

In message <000201bf6de8$45b20c80$email @ redacted>, Jeremy GRAINGER
<email @ redacted> writes
>list of folks deleted

I'll write to them all tonight.  As I'm not a pumper yet, my emphasis
will be on NICE and funding difficulties.

>Maybe I'm different from the normal diabetic but I do not think I would be
>in a DKA(?) coma after 18 hours without insulin. If that is the normal case
>surely nobody would be diagnosed with type1 diabetes without going into a

I can offer a real life story: I once forgot to inject my Monotard, and
woke at about 5am with a blood glucose in the mied 20s.  OK, this is
only 10 hours without insulin (or possibly much less - as little as 2,
if you want to count the last drop of humalog working its way through
the system).  The only way I can imagine a diabetic not noticing that
they were approaching DKA due to lack of insulin would be that they did
not need to urinate, and were practically unconscious of their own

Best wishes,
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)