Re: [IPk] Blockage alarms

> I wrote a mail to Disetronic about the Dahedi and got a fast
> response asking about my basal rates etc. and a promise they would
> calculate exactly how quickly the alarm -should- go off. I'll try it
> out myself again tonight (with your knot idea so I can see whether
> insulin is coming out or not).
> I'm hoping that the school has it wrong and that it is just the
> "eraser test" that causes the low response rate, could be. Otherwise
> I'm not going to be recommending a Dahedi to anyone!

A knot will allow insulin to get through the tube. The tube can be
clamped with a "tubing clamp" or simply folded back on itself like
you would do to block a garden hose then held with a pair of forceps
or small pliers. This is how the tubing clamp works. Take care not to
crush the tube if you plan on actually using it "live" at some point
later on.