[IPk] Bg software

I was in the same sitution as you regarding the MEdisense meter and software.
 I asked Medisense if they would do me a deal on the software. They said they
would reduce it to 50 pounds. I then asked Bayer if they would do me a deal on
the meter and software. They gave me a free Esprit meter, cable, software,
finger pricker, and came round to install the software themselves for me.
  I'm now a convert to the Esprit meter, though I still like the Precision QID.
  Always worth asking!