Re: [IPk] Blockage alarms

>This is not a test I did myself, at the school last week they demonstrated
>it to us and said it was quite normal.

Yikes - they think that is normal and acceptable? Your calculations look
correct to me: 11 units of U100 would have the same volume as 4.5 units of
U40. If my catheter got blocked and I didn't know until I had missed 11
units (=18 hours at a basal of 0.6) I think I would be in a DKA coma!

As I said, the Minimed pumps and the Disetronic ones will trigger an alarm
when only 1 or 2 units have been missed. That seems a good compromise
between being over senstive - giving false alarms - and not noticing a
situation soon enough.

mailto:email @ redacted