Re: [IPk] pump costs

Hi Pat

"What a great figure to give to my GP!
Can I just check what that 5 is - is it 5 a week spent less on
insulin, or is it 5 a week net saving by spending less on insulin, next
to nothing on syringes, but spending more on pump accessories (?and the
pump itself and/or its depreciation)?"

The 5 per week, per patient is a direct cost saving due to less insulin
usage. In my own case a reduction from 78 units a day down to around 42
units a day. I could use less, but I like to live well!

If you would like further information you can phone me on 01425 629773.

John Davis