[IPk] brittle diabetes

The term seems a bit of a cop out but at least they;re taking a non
judgemental stance and not labelling the patient as irresponsible, non
compliant etc. Much better than what I heard from a lady with iddm of
longstanding duration who had just started on a pump, with exreme erratic bg
partly due to gastroparesis( av 2 hypos a day)
She'd seen a very disparaging relatively junior doctor in clinic who blamed
her for every single problem she had experienced, with the result that she
burst into tears and was then told that she obviously was depressed and
needed medication for this

I'd rather see someone with the most up to date knowledge, but failing this
the non judgemental view is preferable in my opinion- i'd rather someone at
least acknowledged the difficulties being faced by the patient and accepted
that it wasn't necessarily their fault.