Re: [IPk] Insulin/ pumps and airports

Hi Nanette,

Problems almost immediately after travelling.  My insert accidentally got
pulled out at the x-ray machine on my last trip, so I placed the pump in
the tray with the phone etc...  Was in a rush and it never occurred to me.
 Triggered the fact I need up an up-to-date exclusion letter for Airport
Security. I got a replacement pump today under warranty - as all other
reasonable explanations had been ruled out.  As an aside the battery life
was highly irregular - 1 week to 4; and the motor was very noisy as of
about 3-4 months ago and the no delivery alarms in tolerance by a whisker
(this all before the airport issue).

Sites are all abdominal, but that is what it's like, and I say like,
because I cannot explain it; it's like the insulin sits there at day only
to go in overnight, with BM's 30+ by day, and 4 overnight.  Yet when I used
the pens in the same areas, there were no such issues with utterly perfect
control excepting the early morning dawn phenomena of 15+.

Any ideas what else would cause that and how to check would be welcome.

Thanks,
Marc