[IPk] Blood glucose levels in early pregnancy

Hi Nanette,
 I developed gestational diabetes in fifth month of pregnancy back in 1984,
after showing signs of glucose in urine. After a fasting glucose test they put
me on insulin straight away, told me it would probably go away after pregnancy,
but it didn't. Strange to say, but on reflection it was probably safer
developing diabetes during pregnancy than at any other time, I was monitored
nearly every other week, and was incredibly healthy as a result, even though I
had to have an induced birth!
 I have a friend at work this year that developed GD during her pregnancy, she
was given a meter and test strips, and managed to control it with diet only. She
is absolutely fine now, and so is her gorgeous little girl.
 Obviously depends on the person, and their situation, but the baby is the
important one in this, as is a successful outcome. I wish her the best and a
healthy outcome.
Ruth
Sent from my iPad