Re: [IPk] Enlite Sensors

Di wrote:

> [...]
thinking I may have to bite the bullet and try a CGM, but I like my Medtronic
Veo.

 The standalone receiver + transmitter kit is around #1250 from Advance
Therapeutics who handle Dexcom. The transmitter alone is #330, so the cost of
the receiver is around #900. Sensors are #185 for a four-pack from Animas, but a
little more expensive from AT. Some people prefer the separate receiver - for
example if you wear your pump concealed and don't want to have to fish it out to
look at the CGM readings, or if you are likely to sleep through the alarms if
the pump is under the bedcovers (although I find the vibrate always wakes me).

 Also, the screen on the separate receiver is much bigger than the one on the
Vibe pump - given your sight problems, you might find it a lot easier to read.

Joel