From: Ingrid Glass <email @ redacted>
Date: 10/12/2013  02:58  (GMT+00:00)
To: insulinpumpers forum <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IPk] Re: Vit D Deficiency

Hi Hannah,

I have general muscle weakness and was noticing worsening tremors in my legs,
particularly after I took up yoga again a few years' ago, and kept asking my
GP about it. Once I'd mentioned it to my diabetes consultant, she got me
tested for vit D deficiency & it was discovered I had extremely low levels. I
was put on a very high dose liquid form for a few weeks followed by high dose
tabs for maintenance. Over these last 2-3 years we've settled on 20,000 units
per week just to keep my levels within the normal range.

Alas my symptoms did not improve after vit D levels back to normal and I was
sent to the Neurological Hosp in the end for tests and a diagnosis (of
Orthostatic Tremor which may or may not get worse). I do feel embarrassed in
yoga when my legs shake uncontrollably in certain postures but at least it
wasn't MS or Motor Neurone or....

I so hope you notice improvement from the vit D and it isn't anything more
than that.

Ingrid