Re: [IPk] Insulin/ pumps and airports

It's not down to infection. Travelling only within UK.  The travel may
be coincidence, I keep the pump on through airport security, rather
than it going through the machine.  Clutching at straws presently.

What (seemed to stop) it last time was swapping to new supply of
Novorapid and the inference was that the insulin had gone off.  So
this is relatively new Novorapid.  Type of and placement of sets made
no difference. The pump is delivering (the fill cannula causes insulin
to come out of the tube ok).  Now Novo is my weapon of choice
normally, but heading into winter I sometimes use Apidra for it's
supposedly faster onset.  So a few weeks ago, I had been using Novo
then Apidra for a few weeks.  I threw both lots away, and got new Novo
and the problem resolved.  Also I did the full self test on the pump -
that was Medtronics tuppence h'apenny worth back then.

I've done the same self test prior to my last bolus - and have gone
from 24->10 in one hour having taken 20 units.  Yesterday I did the
same and it took > four hours to get that drop.

Basically nothing is making any sense at the mo as nothing appears to
be wrong with anything.

Thanks,

Marc