Re: [IPk] meter

Hi Melissa,

I don't use a meter that links to the pump, as I don't find it too
difficult to input the data manually, and I have worked in places that are
sensitive to transmitters, so would have needed a separate meter for those
sites anyway.

What I would like is some software which reads the pump, and all of my
meters so that I can get a view of as much information as possible.  I
understand that all manufacturers are going to regard their interfaces as
commercially sensitive, and it would take time (and therefore money) to add
each device and pass it through the necessary testing. Still, I can hope,
can't I?

In an ideal world there would be one standard implemented by all device
manufacturers, but I suspect there is little incentive for the
manufacturers, and the customers don't have enough clout to add pressure.

It has taken over 15 years for the browser developers to agree to implement
a meaningful interpretation of the HTML standard, and there was a lot more
pressure from the consumers there, and they had more freedom of choice than
we do.

For now, I guess I'll stick with Carelink, unless anyone has a better
suggestion.

Tom