Re: [IPk] Insulin/ pumps and airports

Marc,

Firstly I expect to have occasional 'weird' patches - without
xplanation, they just happen.

You don't write how soon after air travel this happned, nor for how
long it continued.

One thing that occurs to me - are you using different area of your
body for infusion sets or different sets? I find that when I locate
sites in other parts of my body (almost anywhere except tummy
unfortunately) I get a phenomenon of insulin apparently pooling at the
site, with very little if any absorption (so it seems that I simply
cannot get enough insulin for several hours) and then after that I
need minimal insulin and even so am at risk of hypos since all the
insulin that was not absorbed before seems suddenly to be absorbed
fast. Could this sort of thing explain what you are experiencing? if
so the only suggestion I can think of is to relocate your sites
elsewhere.

Best of luck

Nanette