Re: [IPk] Insulin/ pumps and airports

Hi Marc

Did you get a replacement pump under warranty after this happened before?
(It's not clear from your initial message.)
If you think your pump has been damaged by the scanning equipment, you need
to contact Medtronic: 01923 205167. (There is no limit to the number of
pumps you can have under warranty replacement unless you have purposely
damaged/lost/mistreated the pump, etc.)

One thing to check, especially as you have been travelling and may have
reset the pump time: are you sure your am/pm settings on the pump clock are
accurate? Or do you use 24-hour time so *you know* your pump time is right?
I once heard a story about a member of a Middle Eastern royal family whose
pump clock ended up with the am/pm wrong when she was travelling - she had
similar problems with her control for weeks after returning home until her
physician contacted a very famous diabetologist for his advice!

If your pump clock is correct, you may need to look into is whether you
have somehow developed antibodies to the insulin. It's uncommon, but some
people find they need to swap between Humalog and NovoRapid every few
months to maintain insulin efficacy.

All best

Melissa
Type 1 19+ years; pump user 17+ years