[IPk] Very high HbA1c

 Does anyone have any bright ideas? My last HbA1c was 74. (Should be 20 -42). I
did have a traumatic couple of months but it has never been much below 9 in five
years.

 My Diabetic Clinic is in the flux of personnel change at the moment and my DSN
through friendly just said recently that they have people like me who are
retired, have non routine lives and never get a reasonable control!

 I do fasting tests when I can get a reasonable BG to start with and adjust as
instructed. Recently I adjusted carb to insulin from 8 to 7 with quite good
success and have some quite good days.

 Today I had my exact normal breakfast and went to 2.9 at three hours. I try not
to overdo the correction.

 Lunch was small piece of bread, my daughters home made veggie soup and about
two Tablespoons of M&S salads which I calculated at 40g. Plus as an afterthought
a gooseberry fool with another 20g as on the packet. 2.5 hours later 17.4. Now I
have corrected as Omnipod, plus 10% for high level. I am also trying temp basal
of +30% for two hours until early supper with family.

 There are so many variables and my Omnipod data doesn't download to my
computer. My computer is too old and it is not compatible with the ipad.
 Therefore I draw out my own graphs to try to detect a pattern......often
unsuccessfully. DSN has Never seen a pattern.

 Any ideas for a starting point? I am also writing to my new Consultant as the
HbA1c of 74 was copied to me with no comment. I have been on CGM waiting list
for a weeks trial since June.
 I did have CGM for a weeks trial a few years ago but received no help to
adjust/suggest settings.

 I consider myself as being quite bright, but am really bogged down about which
way to proceed
Tricia Barker