Re: [IPk] Definition of a hypo

 >>>We today intend decreasing all basal rates by a common percentage which
equates with lifting that plateau up in stages to the point where average lows
are around 4. That will inevitably increase her HbA1c, it will be interesting to
see where that ends up.

 One of the problems of regarding HbA1c as the "gold-standard" measure of
control is that since it is determined by average BG levels over the preceding
1-3 months it is too easily influenced by hypos. My HbA1c went UP when I started
pumping and went up again when I started CGM. My clinic were happy with this as
it was a reflection of fewer hypos Your wife's clinic ought to understand this
and regard it as a GOOD thing.

Joel