[IPk] DIABETES CARE IN IRELAND ADVICE NEEDED.

Hi all

As some of you know I run a UK email support list for parents of children
with diabetes.  I have been contacted by someone from the US CWD mailing
list with regards to diabetes care and funding in Ireland and I know there
are quite a few folks out there from Ireland. He had two young children with
D, both using Insulin pumps.  We don't have many parents from Ireland on the
parents list and I have contacted Miriam already

I have pasted his email into this mail.  Please could you reply directly to
him, email address at the bottom, if you can help answer any of his question
or give any advice.

Email from Mitch Lerner
Hi everyone:

Does anyone out there know anything about diabetes life in Ireland? I
am an American history professor, coming to spend a year at
UC-Dublin. I am bringing the whole family, which includes a three
year old (Max) and an eight year old (Julia) with diabetes. Both have
been using insulin pumps almost since diagnosis; in fact, Max started
his at the age of one. I would appreciate any information that anyone
has that might help us get started (even if it is more about living
in Dublin than just about living there with diabetes). I am
particularly interested in the policies I might expect from schools;
issues about medical costs and availability; and the names of doctors
or hospitals that are especially good.

Thanks,

Mitch Lerner

email @ redacted