Re: [IPk] Happy Pumping

In a message dated 12/27/2003 11:00:18 PM GMT Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I need
> about 20u/day with a basal amount set at between 8  9units/day.

Hi Fiona,

A very Happy New Year to all!

Fiona, I thought I'd respond to your statement about needing small amounts as
I do too, between about 15 and 20 units per day basals and boluses included.
I know there are others on this list (Pat?) who also have small insulin
 requirements, and I think managing a pump when this is the case can be
particularly as the fine tuning that those with greater requirements hopefully
enjoy is usually not possible (OK, you can dilute the insulin but then you
 must change the reservoir/tubing etc with inconvenient frequency...). I've said
it before and I'll say it again: no wonder we couldn't achieve good control
with "blunderbuss" injected insulin!  I would love to exchange tips/ideas.

Best wishes,

IDDM 30+ yrs, 508 3 yrs