Re: [IPk] snowboarding

<Hi guys, Hope you have all had a super Christmas! I booked some flights
yesterday to go snowboarding next week. I've not been boarding since going
on a pump - anyone got any tips. I figured that keeping the pump in my bra
would ensure it doesn't freeze (I hope!). In particular is it likely to use
more batteries? I may sound paranoid but the trip wasn't planned at all and
I've only got one spare set at home (the others are at uni). Happy new year
all! Sarah (now very excited!!!) DM 7+y, 508 1y>

Hi Sarah
Snowboarding, how exciting especially with it being a last minute decision to
go! I hope that you enjoy it.
Your pump will not freeze particularly if kept next to your body. After all,
I would imagine that you will be producing a lot of heat with all the
 activity. For the batteries, one spare set should definitely be sufficient. The
will have little impact on how long the batteries will last. The only slight
 worry as recently happened to me with my meter out on the golf course on a cold
day, was that it came up low batteries. But saying this, once in the warmth
again, the same batteries continue to work fine. You of course will not be
leaving your pump exposed to freezing temperatures.
Enjoy your holiday,