Re: [IPk] first chemo

>By 9pm my bm was
>24mmol so i gave a correction by 10pm it had raised
>tyo 26mmol so again i corrected and also doubled my
>basal rate as i was scared of going any higher i did
>bm's hourly all through the night as i didnt want to
>drop low. they stayed a consistant 19-20mmol even
>though trying to correct another two times, i also
>changed my cannula and all tubing ect, finally at 9am
>this morning they came down to 14mmol not low enough
>after all the corrections and added bolus, even though
>i was high i didnt have the usual thirstyness ect. i
>didot have ketones so at least i know i was getting

Hi Claire -

You've just reminded me - when my tumour was first diagnosed, I was
put on steroids of some sort. Does it shrink the tumour? I forget.
But apparently my BGs went through the roof. The hospital staff were
not greatly concerned, as this often happens with people who haven't
even got diabetes in the first place!!!

mailto:email @ redacted