Re: [IPk] Sudafed Dual Relief/Overnight BG

In message <002601c3c966$410d6570$email @ redacted>, Karen Hennessy
<email @ redacted> writes
>Hi all
>Having suffered one bad cold after another over the last 3 weeks I now have
>blocked sinus.  Whilst in Sainsbury's yesterday I picked up some non-drowsy
>Sudafed Dual Relief, having checked the back of the box that it was ok for me
>to take.  However, when I got home I opened the box and read the leaflet
>inside to find that those with diabetes should not take them.  Has anyone on
>this list any idea why?
Hi Karen,

I think it's because they work by raising your blood pressure (now
thought to be as bad for diabetics as raised blood glucose).

Melissa recommended a prescription-only alternative: clemastine fumerate
- I mean to get some next time I have earache - trouble is, the time I
need to take it is right now, while I'm feeling coldified and stuffed
up, not when earache takes hold!

dm 30+, 508 2+, sniff.
Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)