RE: [IPk] Accuracy of InTouch software?

On 22 Dec 2003 at 18:01, Jackie Jacombs wrote:

> A further thought - the overall result is calculated on the overall range
> taking the lowest of the pre and post meal targets and the highest of the
> pre and post meal targets as the lower and upper ranges of the target
> respectively. Therefore a reading might be out of range against the pre or
> post meal target, but still be within range for the overall target.

Thanks Jackie, Terry and Pat,
That is the explanation, my faith is restored <g> I was
looking at each test and counting up those that were in
range according to the pre or post-meal targets. I've
checked a few days and, as you say, the software only uses
the low figure from the pre-meal target and the high figure
from the post-meal target when calculating the total

The new OneTouch software (downloaded from the American web
site) calculates this total figure differently using the
slot range rather than the overall range so it produces
different figures to the old software and, because the
ranges used are tighter, the total figures are worse
(December so far; 69% in range using InTouch software
compared to 55% using the new software). This may be worth
remembering if your clinic uses the software (as ours
does). They may not realise that this figure should not be
compared across the different versions. Especially worth
remembering if you will be trying to convince them that the
pump was a good idea as we will be.

Apart from this and a problem importing old data from the
InTouch records (tests taken between 12pm and 1pm were
imported as AM) it looks as though the new version works OK
with my UK meter. Has anyone else tested it yet? I found it
easier to use, the date range can be changed from the
report page without having to change to a different
settings page and there is no need to constantly maximise
the window but the average line is missing from the line
graph, the log book isn't as detailed (only gives the
'within target' percentage and no total %) and the slot
average levels are no longer shown on the standard day
chart. I think the information is still there, just on
different pages. The histogram is more detailed with each
column split into before meal, after meal and night

Best wishes,
Mum to Emily aged 11, dx Oct '99
D-Tron Plus pump since 27th Oct,
Robert aged 13 dx Mar '03
Novomix 30 x 2 (+ Novorapid when hungry!),
and Matthew aged 8.