[IPk] Feet problems. Any Advice???

 I don't know if anyone has experienced the same, but if they have I would
appreciate any advice. For the past few months my feet have felt like I have had
a local anasthetic on the sole. Now they are beginning to become very cold,
especially at night. When I say cold, I mean the sort of cold that burns, deep
into the flesh. It is very painful. My doctor, as usual, says "It's just your
diabetes" then proceeds to inform me that nothing can be done, in a 'it's just
one of these things' manner. As well as the problems with balance etc it is
becoming a real chore and I can't seem to get any help from the medical
profession. Any advice would be really helpful.