[IPk] Re: Honeymoon Period

I agree with John that you need to have a C-peptide test to find out if
you are in honeymoon. Individual insulin requirements are so variable
that they don't give any real guide.
Nanette (who had a C-peptide test shortly after diagnosis showing no
insulin production, although I only use less than 0.5 units insulin/day
per kg body weight)

>>With the honeymoon period, I wanted to see if we could work out
>>whether he was in it, what would be the best thing to do etc
>>before consulting the hospital. In the back of my mind I thought
>>I had heard of a link between total insulin intake per day with
>>weight. ie a unit per kilo measure. In my original e-mail, I
>>clearly didn't explain this too well.

Hi Maggie -