Re: [IPk] FreeStyle vs One Touch Ultra Smart

In message <email @ redacted>, Lesley
<email @ redacted> writes
>Also, does anyone use the In Touch software?

I do ... it's adequate (I think I'd prefer the system which allows you
to select one point on the graph showing all days on one graph, which
highlights the rest of the day. Ideally, I'd like to be able to select a
number of points, and highlight the rest of the day for all of them, or
the next six hours, or seventy hours or the previous (to see what
happens when one takes out all the results 24 hrs after a hypo, for
example, or to see what happens in the day before an early morning

One good thing (among many) with the in touch software is that it does
calculate standard deviations, and produce some nice charts.  I have
spoken here before about my bimodal distribution; I don't get something
that looks like a mountain or pyramid, I get something with a dip in the
middle.  My dr. says this is the pattern seen in Pima indians, who have
the highest incidence of diabetes in the world.  Any members of the Pima
nation on this list (or the US?) what do you do to get the second peak
to reduce, without getting the first peak to move (e.g. I want all those
10s and 11s to go down a couple of points, but I don't want the 4s and
5s to move at all).

(dm 30, 508 30+, not 100 White British, probably, as some of my
ancestors were whalers)
Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)