RE: [IPk] BG Testing strips

[demime could not interpret encoding binary - treating as plain text]
Cheers, Di.

> > Is that the dipsticks, or the ones which are used in certain

> meters and give

> > a colour change as a backup (e.g., Accuchek Active strips)?

> colour chart. Handy as a backup.... They can't be used in any meter to

> knowledge

The strips from my Accuchek Active work sort of the other way round -
they work in the meter but also give a colour change on the back of the
test strip, and so can be used as a visual backup if the meter ends up in
the TLC of the London Underground.

These are the test strips which come in pots with a red coding chip, and
a colour chart on the side of the pot.

It is intended as a function check on the meter, but if anyone is after
colour change strips you could get these on your prescription whether you
have the meter or not.

> I suppose you could, though what's wrong with good old foil?

It could just be me, but tin foil just isn't as sexy as a Mont Blanc Pen.

Message sent via Totalise Webmail - http://www.totalise.co.uk/