Re: [IPk] BG Testing strips

> Is that the dipsticks, or the ones which are used in certain meters and give
> a colour change as a backup (e.g., Accuchek Active strips)?

Dipsticks? Hmm, I don't usually have a pot of blood handy to dip a test strip
in :-)
Seriously, they're the *original* blood testing strips before meters were
invented.... You just stick some blood on the strip and match it against a
colour chart. Handy as a backup.... They can't be used in any meter to my
knowledge (or possibly the old Refloflux meters which i don't think are made
any more?).

> I came across an old thread from a couple of months ago, where someone from
> Sheffield was commenting on carrying test strips in silver foil as a backup
> when she lost her meter, and talking about men's handbags (no comment,
> luvvie).
> I was wondering if one way conveniently to carry a small number of spare
> strips would be to use a pen (fountain or biro) or lipstick with the gubbins
> removed from inside.

I suppose you could, though what's wrong with good old foil?