Re: [IPk] Honeymoon Period

Thanks for this, Margaret.  Your full explanation shows that you are
using the modern method - It just appeared that you were using the old
fashioned way - sometimes meaning gets lost in brevity.

I think splitting correction bolus from meal bolus in your mind (and
perhaps even administering them separately) would be useful.  Partly
this is because it would remind you that you can give a correction bolus
at any time - not just meal times.  Partly because you may find that you
need to give a larger amount of insulin to cover the same amount of
carbohydrate when high (e.g. the same breakfast at 5 would need a
smaller bolus than at 10).
>The tables were given to help us plan a "balanced diet" for
>Jamie, based around his weight and age. We found them very useful
>in the first few weeks when we were coping with diabetes, the
>pump and secondary school for the first time.

Do continue to use the tables (they get ingrained in your head).  But
remember they are nothing to do with 'healthy eating'.

The next thing you need to do is work out why the hypos are happening.
What have you explored?

(dm 30+, 508 2+)

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)